Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas - 2010

Merry Christmas!


It’s hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone.  I was really late getting started on my shopping and decorating . . . actually not really getting started on my shopping until after Santa kicked my butt into gear at breakfast.  Once I did get started though, I got it all knocked out in a hurry. Actually had time to enjoy the last few days before the big day.


We started the morning out at the Urses’ house for our traditional Christmas morning breakfast, then the wild frenzy of opening presents. This year the kids pooled resources and got Mom & Dad U a new TV. Although we didn’t get the reaction we expected, we did get one of the most memorable ones.  Mom U’s “Damn You!” will go down in Urses family history as the 21st Century version of the traditional “you shouldn’t have!”

Next, the white Ford Sleigh found it's way over the river to Mom and Dad Z's house.  While London couldn't wait to dive into opening presents, I think Wynifred was the most excited.  Kurt  . . . you're gonna have to step up your game if I keep getting kisses like this from Wynn. 
After a quick hello, we began to open presents. It's a little slower pace at the Naffzigers. We take turns so we can check-out what everyone gets. As usual, we all made out like bandits. The Naffziger Express brought back gifts from the Stoker's as it made it's way from their annual San Diego trip. Thanks Pam!!


Despite the distraction of present unwrapping, we had a nice visit and more than a few laughs.  Most of them came from watching a DVD full of old family pictures.  Boy were we dorky looking kids!  Once all the paper scraps were gathered up, it was time to load up the Ford Sleigh for the final trip through the woods. 

Dad B met us at our house for round three of gift giving.   At our house, we take turns opening presents too.   Kurt, London and I were especially excited for Ashley to open one of her presents from us.  London had been begging us to give it to here early, but we didn't and she was a super secret keeper.
The Super Secret gift was an eBay purchase of an old stuffed Monkey.  It was as close to the original as we could find.  I was hopeful that after 20 years and a replacement, she might forgive me for throwing out her original old battered red monkey.
The boys all got remote control helicopters.  Sorry, Ashley.  ;-) but it’s not really Christmas if boys don’t get toys.  And Brandon, if Kurt has to pace himself, so do you.  Dad. . .you can do what you want.

But I think the favorite gift at the Urses house was the Nerf Dart Guns.  I'm not sure who enjoyed them more, Kurt, Brandon, Ashley or London OR, me watching them enjoy them.  I'm not sure how kids just intuitively know how to play Army, but even London figured out how to dive for cover.  But in true Girl form, she took cover behind a Shopping Bag.  That's my Girl! 



Momma's belly with Olive in it, served as a target for London, but she promised me "It doesn't hurt her". 
 
Although it was a very fun day overall, we always miss Pam, Robert and the kids.  Especially knowing that Sean is far away in Alaska.  But we all only have one more Christmas to get through, then Sean will be home and we'll have to make sure we can all get together!
It was a Merry Christmas to all - - and to all a Good Night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment