It is hard to believe it has been 25 years already. It seems like only yesterday that I was nervously waiting for Joe and Margott to show up with my blind date. I had pretty much given up on guys, but Margott promised you were a great one and you were . . . are! After our first kiss, I knew you were nervous as well. You almost waited for me to finish my sentence, but the second kiss was MUCH better – I wasn’t talking. :-)
Even though our second date consisted of doing yard work, it was one of the best afternoons I’d ever spent. For the next several months, I think we saw each other every day. You were so good to me and wonderful to Ashley and even though I never wanted to get married again, you quickly changed my mind. A few ups and downs, a few pounds heavier, many more grey hairs and many, many happy memories, I have never regretted that decision and look forward to spending the next 25 with you!
![]() |
| Wedding Day February 7, 1986 |
![]() |
| Artesa Winery - Napa, California February 6, 2011 |
To celebrate, we spent a three day weekend in Napa Valley, California. Although it wasn't nearly enough time, I don't think we could have asked for a more romantic or enjoyable time. Or bettter weather at 75ish degrees all weekend.
We flew into San Francisco Airport on Friday (2/4) evening and took the short hour drive to the Meritage Resort and Spa right in Napa. Our beautiful balcony room overlooked the pool and a vineyard of the Meritage Resort & Spa.
On Saturday, we spent the day being shuttled to 4 different winery's by Steve, our very knowledgeable tour guide. He had such great relationships with the wine makers that we were treated like gold. Our favorite was the Michael Mondavi Family Vineyard. We had a delicious lunch on their back deck and its magnificent view. We could see all the surrounding vineyares and even to the bay. Diane, pictured here with us was extremely kind and gave us a bottle of the best wine I'd tasted as an anniversary gift. I like it so well, I bought a case! Kurt like it too as they had a bottle of port he really enjoyed. Not to mention the 18% alcohol chocolate sauce. Yes, we brought a bottle of that home too.
Several of the wine makers posed for pictures with us and signed our bottles. But don't think for a moment that we won't open them. The bottles with their signatures are just as pretty EMPTY!
| Me w/Lynn and Whitney Yates Mom & Daughter - Wine Makers Yates Family Vineyard Us w/ Marie Schutz-Wine Maker and Devin Jones-IV Degree Sommelier Dominari |
We also visited Biale Vineyards, makers of Black Chicken Wine. We brought back a bottle specifically for Ashley in memory of her black chicken. The gal in the tasting room there reminded us so much of her. We didn't get to Mr. Biale so we didn't get a signed bottle from them.
That night we had dinner in our hotel and Kurt made arrangements with the Matre d to give me my beautiful new wedding ring during dinner. Much more romantic than when he proposed to me with a black box with a receipt in it, but memorable none the less.
Sunday was SPA DAY and we enjoyed a couples orange peel scrub and massage in the Wine Cave Spa behind the hotel. We tried to hit downtown Napa for a nice dinner that night, but would have never guessed that they'd all be closed for the Super Bowl. We did manage to find a nice little Italian (surprise) resturant and while they weren't closed, they were watching the game in the bar.
Monday came all to quickly and it was time to head home. Since our flight didn't leave until 4:30, we decided to spend the day in San Francisco and see if we could find presents for the girls. We took the scenic drive into SF and over the Golden Gate Bridge.
It was picture postcard perfect. I'd never seen the fog roll in under the bridge like this except in postcards or movies, so it was really cool to see it in real life and to drive over the bridge through it.
We made it to Ghiradelli Square and Fisherman's Wharf and did a little shopping and had lunch. Kurt was in heaven as he got fresh crab. After drinking a giant "Hurricane" I didn't even mind watching or the wait.
And you can't leave the Wharf with experiencing the Sea Lions and hearing them bark. They almost made us miss Jack. Almost!
Then it was off to the airport where we waited for our flight delayed by the snow storm in SL. Oh goody, back to the SNOW!
Thanks Dad, for tending Molly and George. We had a great trip and are looking forward to more fun and memories in the future.



No comments:
Post a Comment