Monday, June 28, 2010

Future LPGA Member

London began travelling to Star Valley with us, for the past several summers.  A few years ago, she started riding in the golf cart with us when we went golfing.  Last year, Grandpa Kurt got her, her very own clubs.  The first set was right-handed.  He figured if he taught her, she'd learn right handed.  Well, one thring is for sure, she is a true Lefty.

We gave away the righties and she got a brand new set of PURPLE clubs, just like Grandma Sue's.  In March, we enrolled her in golf lessons at the Jr. Golf Academy in Draper.  She L-O-V-E loves golf.  Notice the golf glove . . .don't you know the glove takes five points off your score??

After two months of lessons, once per week, she's ready to hit the links AND beat the golf shoes off the old folks.

It's amazing just how fast these little ones pick-up this stuff.  First game out, she wanted to hit balls on the range first.  A few of her strokes knocked the ball out there 60-70 yards.  I don't think I started hitting them that far until a year or two of playing. . .okay sometimes I still can't hit 'em that far.

I hope she remembers her old grandparents when she hits the Tour.  We're not to proud to be supported by our granddaughter, the golf pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment